One of the things that still has me energized about participating in Team In Training is our Honorees. For those of you who don't know how TNT works, each team rides on behalf what are called Patient Honorees - people who are living with blood cancers who may directly benefit from the research that's funded by your donations to each of us riders. At the spring season TNT kick-off rally in February one of the speakers was a gentleman named Roman who is living with CML. His speech really fired me up, and gave me a personal reason to be proud because he talked about how much a product called Gleevec that my employers, Novartis, manufacture has helped him.
The Monday after the rally I wrote in to our employee communications mailbox about my experience and how great it was to hear a positive story about how one of our products was really helping someone. I guess the folks I work for liked what I wrote because I was featured in one of our internal newsletters that just came out today. You can have a look at the article here.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment